AILA Webinar on EB-5 Regulations – Must Attend Event for Immigration Lawyers
Hear from those who have been close to the ground on both the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) and the final EB-5 Modernization Regulations.
The panelists will cover the key changes with a “boots-on-the-ground” perspective answering: What are the changes? How these rules impact my clients? How does the November 21, 2019 effective date work?
Ample Q&A session will be open at the end. This event is open to both AILA members and non-members.
Understanding the New EB-5 Modernization Rule
The long awaited EB-5 Modernization Rule was released on July 24, 2019. Join our panel of experts as they delve into the key components of the new rule. The panelists also will discuss the rule’s effects on the industry and how practitioners can best prepare their practices in light of the changes.
- Understanding the New Requirements
- New Investment Thresholds
- New Targeted Employment Area (TEA) Designation System and Requirements
- Priority Date Retention
- Effective Date
- Preparing for Likely Effects of the Rule on EB-5 Practice
- Ethical Considerations When Under Pressure to File
- Carolyn S. Lee (DL), AILA EB-5 Investor Committee Chair, Ithaca, NY
- Laura Foote Reiff, McLean, VA
- Sharvari (Shev) Dalal-Dheini, Director of Gov’t Relations, Washington, DC